Call for papers
International Conference of Tourism, Health, Wellbeing and Mobilities
November 30-December 2, 2018
The relations between mobilities and health have been considered to be a central feature of today’s global society (Gatrell, 2011). Too much movement has often been attributed to various illnesses including bodily disruptions such as seasickness and jet-lag as well as mental ill-health such as homesickness, phobias. However, travel is also seen as being ‘good for the soul’, part of quasi -spiritual quests to become more healthy in mind and body. Such human mobilities require healthy environments which are sustainable and resilient. Healthy mobilities need to be major goals for policies aiming at sustainable and liveable cities and environments.
In the context, the School of Tourism Management at Sun Yat-sen University will be hosting the International Conference of Tourism, Health, Wellbeing and Mobilities. The conference will invite scholars studying tourism，mobilities, health and wellbeing from universities in Asia, Europe and North America to share new ideas, new approaches and new trends in mobilities and health research. The issues on the relationship between different types of mobilities and health as well as its research status, development trends, opportunities and challenges will be discussed; and it is hoped that through this exchange platform, a good academic sharing and cooperation could be established, and a large number of young scholars will be trained and brought up to promote China's tourism research to the world level.
CONFERENCE THEME AND ISSUES
The conference covers but not limited to the following related issues:
1. Healthy environments, sustainability and resilience
2. Mental health and mobility disruptions
3. Wellness tourism and travel
4. Medical tourism and travel
5. Lifestyle mobilities and the care of the self
6. Health practices of walking, running, swimming
7. Healthy/unhealthy food mobilities
8. Mobile embodiment of sickness and phobias
9. Health and mobile social work practices
10. Smart health technologies and mobilities
11. Mobilities and care in later life
12. Positive aging and tourism
13. Health,mobilities and urban planning
CALL FOR PAPER
1. Deadline of Abstract submission: 15 July 2018
2. Date of the conference: November 30-December 2, 2018
3. The abstracts are supposed to contain about 300-500 words, and to be submitted to the forum contact (conference designated e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) via e-mail. Mail subject should be marked ‘Mobilities and health International Symposium + institution + name’.
4. The Committee will review the abstract submissions and notify the acceptance to authors before 30 July, 2018. After the review of the abstract, at least one author must register and attend the meeting.
1. Deadline of registration: 15 August 2018
2. The conference charges &conference fees: 240 Euro (for regular participants)/130 Euro (for graduate student). In addition, participants need to cover travel and accommodation expenses by themselves.
3. Participants are required to remit the registration fee to the following account by August 15, 2018, and mark "mobilities and health International Symposium + name " when remitting. After you remit the registration fee, please let us know by sending an e-mail （email@example.com） and the mail subject should be marked‘mobilities and health International Symposium + name + Remittance ’.
4. Conference registration fee account number
Name in an account book ： Sun Yat-sen University
Bank of deposit：Industrial and Commercial bank of China,Guang Dong branch,sub-branch of Sun Yat-sen University
Bank Address： No.135 Xin Gang Xi Road Guang Zhou P.R China
The website link of payment is under construction.
Tel: +86 13750012259
Address: The School of Tourism Management, Sun Yat-sen University. No.135, Xin Gang Xi Road, 510275, Guangzhou, P. R. China
School of Tourism Management, Sun Yat-sen University
Kaifeng Hotel at Sun Yat-sen University
Kaifeng Hotel at Sun Yat-sen University
Address: Science and Technology Cultural Exchange Center at Binjiang East 588 Sun Yat-sen University North Gate, Haizhu District, Guangzhou.
Guangzhou New Pearl River Hotel
Address: Binjiang East 795, Haizhu District, Guangzhou.
Peninsula Yacht Hotel
Address: Binjiang East 81, Haizhu District, Guangzhou.